Furrer Jacot – Traditional Craftmanship Combined With High Ethical Standards
People are increasingly interested in the origins of products and materials and the ethical, human rights, social and environmental conditions under which they are produced. This is even more true for a product that is worn close to the skin. At Furrer Jacot, we are committed to complete supply chain transparency and disclose details of our complex production processes in collaboration with the Swiss platform respect-code.org. This platform enables the value chain of products to be rigorously appraised, making them traceable. This initiative makes us the first company in our industry to commit to comprehensive transparency.
At Furrer Jacot, we are committed to complete supply chain transparency and disclose details of our complex production processes in collaboration with the Swiss platform respect-code.org. This platform enables the value chain of products to be rigorously appraised, making them traceable. This initiative makes us the first company in our industry to commit to comprehensive transparency.
We offer you individual traceability of your unique piece of jewelry, disclosure of complex production processes and suppliers, and a commitment to sustainability and fair trade.
All our jewelry is 100% Swiss made and has an exclusive serial number.
In 2011, Furrer Jacot became the world’s first jewelry company to introduce a lifetime guarantee on every product in its collection. Our master jewelers vouch for it personally. Our high-quality craft tradition takes place at our listed premises in Schaffhausen.
Furrer Jacot’s Traceability Commitment
For ethical reasons, we are committed to the traceability and transparency of our production processes, and to disclosing our suppliers to customers. .
- • Our high-quality craft tradition and individual production processes take place and can be seen at our listed premises in Schaffhausen.
- • 95% to 100% of our precious metals are sourced from recycled materials and therefore meet the demands of sustainability and high ethical standards.
- • All of our gemstones are obtained solely by certified members of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). Our Code of Practice promotes an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible and human rights-compliant company policy throughout the entire supply chain.
- • Producers are committed to the Kimberley Process for fair and responsible trade in diamonds (Kimberley Process Certification Scheme).
- • The origin and quality of all gemstones are individually verified. Complete testing verifies them as 100% natural and they are set by hand.
- • Details of the raw and primary materials are available. Links are provided to suppliers’ websites, traceability commitments and certifications.
The Swiss company Product DNA was founded by Robin Cornelius in 2005. He is known as the pioneer of fair trade in textiles. With Product DNA, Cornelius established the very first independent platform of its kind, respect-code.org. This platform is specialized in the assessment and traceability of products within their supply chain. Every product has its own QR code. The QR code lets you view the individual production steps and provides access to other useful information.
Transparency: How Do I Get Access?
When you buy a Furrer Jacot product, it comes with a lifelong guarantee and a unique serial number. Customers must register on our website furrer-jacot.com to activate the lifelong guarantee. On the registration page, customers can click to request proof of the traceability of their jewelry. If you click this box, you will be sent a QR code by email within a week. When you scan this code, you will be taken to the Product DNA company platform: respect-code.org.